Saturday, January 19, 2008

Self-descriptions

It is interesting how the two Republican frontrunners in South Carolina are summing up their motivations:


McCain:

I am running for president of the United States of America because I believe the transcendent challenge of the 21st century is the struggle against radical Islamic extremism, which takes many forms, is the greatest force of evil we’ve ever faced, and is bent on our destruction and our extinction.


Huckabee:

The Huckabee campaign, by contrast, worked to drill into the conservative heart of his base, running just one ad which proclaims him a “Christian Leader” exclusively since Wednesday. It begins, “Faith doesn’t just influence me; it defines me.”

1 comment:

Fred said...

I don't know about the rest of South Carolina, but Charleston is a very interesting city. It boasts both a French Huguenot church and the annual Spoleto Festival.